An Ignorance of Three Parts: the first brings fancy’s first tingle. Like the split second silence of disbelief before an exhilaration sweeps across the crowd at the tell-tale first few notes of a song that unmistakably, could not be another of the front act’s.
The second, a wandering - through thoughts and daft possibilities with the healthy consciousness that everything just looks without flaw from far enough away. You keep safe distance - certain knowledge can dampen the joy - and make room for scripts that will never be acted out or read or heard. It’s got you unawares all the same.
The third, the sudden anticlimax of realizing you’ll never find out. Bittersweet.
Some call it a happy crush, I think of it as the odd joy in not knowing.
- Rooney - That Girl Has Love
- Ko Ko - Float
- Dr. Dog - Heart It Races (Architecture in Helsinki cover)
- Norah Jones - Happy Pills
- The Paper Kites - Woodland
- Eels - Fresh Feeling
- The Real Tuesday Weld - Last Words
- Coeur de Pirate - Saint Laurent
- Leigh Nash - My Idea of Heaven
- Rico Blanco - Your Universe
- Up Dharma Down - Indak
- Wilco - You and I
- Angus and Julia Stone - Just A Boy
- Gorillaz - Melancholy Hill
- The Postal Service -Such Great Heights
- Bloc Party - This Modern Love
- JJ - 10
- White Hinterland - Icarus
- Malika Ayane - Soul Waver
- Foo Fighters - Walking After You
- Tycho - A Walk
- Cider Sky- Pieces
- Nada Surf - Inside of Love
To charlesbee, and countless many who praise me for my lack of heart and think I’m flattered by it. I’m just not one of you lucky many to have become attached truly. I have feelings but they’re reasonably transient and volatile, in fact a solid quarter of these songs come from a mix tape from High School and I don’t remember exactly what made me make it. Or do I? HAHA.
Coeur de Pirate - Saint Laurent